You want to send a rate change (814_C) transaction to the utility or trigger a REFRB rate change for an account as per an effective date.
A pre-requisite is access to the client-specific CSR site.
A change transaction for an account is submitted via your Customer Service Record (CSR) portal. The change transactions are usually used to communicate with the utility regarding the account and changes to be made on that account. For example, it may be required to update the "Budget Billing" status of an account with the utility. These EDI transactions are triggered via CIS and EDI translates and notifies the changes to the utilities. Some example change types are Tax Rate changes, Rate code changes, Service Address/ Name changes, Service Period, Start dates, etc. The change transactions are of Transaction type 814 and transaction subtypes or transaction codes determine the actual change. The options for the transactions vary from utility to utility and change codes are available based on the account's current situation.
- Log in to your CSR site.
- In the Search section on the top-right side of the screen, select
Account Nofrom the drop-down, enter the account number in the field beside it and click on the search icon.
- Once the resultant account information is displayed, click on the
Create Market Transactionoption.
- Select the
Changeradio button and click on the
- Select Transaction type or Change Code from the drop-down for
Changed Field/Change Code.
For Change Transaction = 814_C:
- Change code/Status code/Transaction Code=REFRB (Applicable for all utilities, except CONED)
- Change code/Status code/Transaction Code=AMTRJ (Specifically for CONED)
- Enter the Effective Date requested in the ticket. If the effective date is not explicitly mentioned, use the system date (current date). Click Send Transaction.
You can verify in the CSR site for market approval for the sent rate change transaction.
- Log into the CSR site. Search for the customer account number or Utility Account Number (LDC Account Number).
- Under the Utility Accounts Tab, click on the "View Transaction History" icon.
- Get the most recent transaction by selecting a recent date range for Date From and Date To, Type as 814, and click on Search.
- In the resultant information displayed, there should be a transaction or record with the values for the columns Direction as 'In', Type as '814_C'. This incoming transaction corresponds to an Out 814_C transaction.
In the "In" transaction, check the fields Key Field for the value "Effective Date" and Key Data for a date to indicate a received market approval.