You may need to transfer invoice(s) from one customer account to another. This is necessary when the bill is posted to the wrong account.
To move invoice(s) to another account, create a support ticket specifying the source account (where the invoices are already billed or to be transferred from) and the target account (where the invoices are to be transferred to).
In case you require a specific invoice to be transferred, share the invoice details like invoice number, amount.
CIS Support will inform you when the invoice has been transferred.
Access to the QAT tool
Access to the client-specific CSR site
Access to the Client (CIS) database
1. Find the CustID for the provided source account number using the query below.
Replace the parameter CustNo with the given account number or customer number.
If UCID is given, consider it as the CustNo.
SELECT CustID FROM Customer
WHERE CustNo = '004316441'
2. The UAN is expected to be the same for both accounts.
Run the following query to know the UAN/PremNo. Replace the parameter c.custNo with the provided account numbers.
If they are different, do not proceed and inform the client about the discrepancy.
select PremNo, c.custNo from Premise p
join customer c on c.custID = p.custID
where c.custNo in ('004316466', '004316441')
3. Get the ID of the invoices to be moved from the source account using the following query.
Replace the parameter custID with the value from the query result in step 1.
Note the InvoiceID, InvAmt, InvDate column values from the query result.
select * from invoice where custID = 2260832
InvoiceID - The InvoiceID column values from the query result in step 3.
NewCustNo - The target account number provided by the client.
OldCustNo - The source account number provided by the client.
To confirm that the invoices have been moved, check both the source and target accounts. The target account should display the invoices and the source account should no longer display them.
- Log in to the CSR site.
- Search for the account number using the Search section in the top right corner of the screen: select Account No from the drop-down, enter the account number, and click the arrow to search.
- Navigate to the AR/Billing tab. Under the AR Summary section, the invoices are shown.
- Look for the invoices that were meant to be transferred using the displayed columns Invoice#, Invoice Amount, Invoice Date.
These displayed columns correspond to the column values for InvoiceID, InvAmt, InvDate found in step 3 in the Solution section.