You want to update the TAX ID field to the SSN field on your CSR site for an account.
Please raise a support ticket with us mentioning the customer account number for which you want the SSN field displayed instead of the Tax ID field. We will make the changes and inform you once done.
- Write-access to the Client database
- Access to the client-specific CSR site (for Testing)
The Federal Tax ID is shown when the customerTypeID is NULL on the customer record. If a client asks to make the SSN visible instead of the Tax ID, execute the steps below.
1. Get the current customer type by running the following query.
Replace the parameter CustNo with the given customer account number.
SELECT custID, custType
WHERE CustNo = '3001995245'
2. Get the CustomerTypeID that corresponds to the custType obtained in step 1 by running the select query below.
In the query result, note the column values for CustomerTypeID, CustType, Description.
In case the query result returns multiple rows for a custType, do the following:
- For CustType value 'R', choose CustomerTypeID as 1 (Description "Residential").
- For CustType value 'C', choose CustomerTypeID as 2 (Description "Commercial").
3. Update the customer record by running the query below.
Replace the parameters custType and customerTypeID using the values obtained in the previous steps.
Replace the parameter custID with the value from step 1.
SET custType = 'R', customerTypeID = 1
WHERE CustID = 1013222
- Log into the CSR site and search with the customer account number.
- In the displayed information, look for the field SSN in the tab Customer Info -> Account Information.