You request that the UAN be updated for a particular account and the drop resubmitted to the utility. The drop gets rejected by the utility for the reason that the account number is invalid. You want to change the Service Delivery Point, revert the UAN to the previous value, and resend a drop transaction.
It is recommended that you check with the utility on what is needed to accept this drop transaction. It is likely that the UAN and Service Delivery Point combination in the sent transactions so far are as per your provided values. The transaction rejection is occurring repeatedly for an account because, possibly, the account has been closed earlier at the utility.
- Access to the Client (CIS) database
- Access to the client-specific CSR site
- Access to the AES Exchange portal
1. You can update a given UAN with the provided target/new value using the steps in the section 'Updating UAN'.
2. You can update the Service Delivery Point (9393710759) with the provided value, submit a drop transaction, and monitor the response for the drop transaction using these steps.
3. You can run the report in the AES Exchange portal to verify the drop transaction 814. Upon checking the transactions in the Prism files, you are likely to find the value and position of the sent values for UAN and Service Delivery Point.
A sample Prism file extract for an 814 drop transaction is shown below with the UAN and Service Delivery Point values highlighted for reference.
If the client provides repeated sets of data requesting to update the UAN and the drop is rejected for each client-provided combination of UAN and Service Delivery Point, then before sending another drop transaction, you need to inform the client about these combination values in the sent transaction being as per their given data and advise them to reach out to the utility.