When a customer on a particular product canceled, an early cancellation fee letter was issued even though the flag HAS ETF under Account information for the customer is NO. Also, the product itself does not have an ECF associated with it. You inquire why the customer was sent the letter.
Early cancellation fee (ECF) letters are sent to customers when two conditions are met:
- The customer has the flag Has ETF set to Yes. ETF means Early Termination Fee.
- The product that the customer is on has an ECF letter associated with it.
You can check these two conditions by following these steps:
You need access to the client-specific CSR site to perform the steps below.
Steps to check the customer level HAS ETF flag
1. Log in to the CSR site. Search for the customer account from the Search section on the top right corner of the screen.
2. In the resultant information displayed, under the Account Information tab, check the value for the field HAS ETF.
If 'No', then the customer is not configured for Early Termination Fee (ETF).
If 'Yes', then the customer is configured for ETF.
Steps to check if a product has an ECF letter associated
1. Log in to the CSR site. Navigate to the menu Administration -> General -> Rate Package and Product Management.
2. Click on the Product Management tab and enter the product code for the product in the field Product Code. Click on Search.
From the search result, click on the hyperlink under Product Code to view the product details.
3. From the displayed product details, in the section 'Documents and Commission', the field 'ECF Notice Letters' will have a value, like ECF_LETTER_Commercial, if there is an ECF letter associated with the product.
If there is no value set for this field, there is no ECF letter associated with the product.
If the above conditions are not met and a cancellation fee letter has been sent, please create a support ticket specifying the customer account number and the product code.
This is a customer defect in version [CIS|Major|June2020]. The hotfix, specific to the client Stream Energy, has been deployed in the production environment.
If the case arises where another client raises this issue,
- Verify if the conditions (customer level HAS ETF flag and the ECF product configuration) are met as mentioned above.
- If the mentioned conditions are not met and a cancellation fee letter has been sent, escalate the issue to the Engineering team by creating an AESCIS Jira of Type 'Eng Problem' for further investigation and fix.