You want to waive any late fees that were applied for a specific date range to a customer account or a list of customer accounts. You may need to remove late fees for accounts that should have been excluded from the dunning process.
The Late Fee Reversal functionality allows the reversal of a customer’s late fee at any time. If the Late Fee Reversal occurs prior to the next invoice being generated then the original Late Fee and the subsequent Late Fee Reversal net against each other for a Zero $ result on the next invoice.
If the Late Fee Reversal is created after the customer’s next invoice is generated, then the Late Fee charge will show up on the next invoice. The invoice generated after the invoice that carries the Late Fee charge will have the Late Fee Reversal showing up as a credit amount.
Below are the steps to waive the late fee:
You need to have access to the client-specific CSR site to perform the steps below.
- Login to the CSR portal
- Search for the customer account using the top search bar
- Click the
- If the invoice of Type Late Fee is the topmost entry in the grid displayed under the AR Summary section, then it can be voided. Click
Xnext to the Late Fee that needs to be reversed:
The Late Fee eligibility at the customer account level is controlled by the Late Fee flag available in the
Customer Info tab's
Billing Information section. This Late Fee flag has 2 settings:
- Yes: the customer is eligible for late fee assessments by the ista system
- No: the customer is NOT eligible for late fee assessments by the ista system
Note: The Late Fee flag does not prevent the assessment and application of manual late fees.
If the invoice of Type Late Fee is not the topmost entry under AR Summary, then the invoice needs to be reversed. Please raise a support ticket with the following information:
- customer account number(s)
- date range for which the late fees for the account(s) need to be waived
We will waive the late fees for the given account(s) and inform you.
- Access to QAT tool
- Access to Client database
If the invoice of Type Late Fee is not the topmost entry in the grid displayed under AR Summary, then it needs to be reversed.
- Run QAT query ID 540 to reverse the applied late fees on the given accounts. Populate the parameter InvoiceId_List with the given list of InvoiceID for the accounts.
If InvoiceID is not given, identify invoices for the given time period or date range per customer account number by running the following query:
If the values for ServiceFrom, ServiceTo, invDt are mentioned explicitly, use these as filters in the above query.
select invoiceID, invDt, invAmt, ServiceFrom, ServiceTo
where custid = (select custid from customer where custno= '3001947235')
In the query result, pick the InvoiceID from the rows where the invDt, ServiceFrom, ServiceTo values fall within the given date range period. Then run the QAT query mentioned above.