You want to remove the line item "Misc. Charges/Adjustments" from the monthly bills so a customer is charged the correct rate. For this customer, each bill has this additional line item which when added to the correct line item makes the sum total charges be charged at an incorrect rate. Multiple enrollments have been submitted for the correct rate and accepted by the utility and your gas system currently reflects the correct rate in the transaction history.
Open a Support ticket with the below information:
- Account number
- the correct rate.
Please specify if the rate on the account is the correct one. Then we will update the LDC Rate code at our end and submit a rate change transaction.
Write-access to Client database
Access to client-specific CSR site
1. Check the rate in incoming 810 transactions on the CSR site for confirming the rate on the utility side.
- Log in to the CSR site.
- Search for the given customer account or LDC Account.
- In the Utility Accounts tab, click on the View Transaction History icon.
- Populate the date range for Date From and Date To to recent date range with respect to the client ticket date and Type as 810.
- In the resultant information, click on a transaction with Direction "In" by clicking on on the magnifier icon to see the transition details.
- Note the columns Charge, Amount, and Qty. Consider the row with Charge ENC001 indicating Energy Charges. A basic interpretation/calculation needs to be done: (Amount/100)/Qty to know the rate received from the utility on an 810 transaction.
In this sample, it would be (493/100)/13 = 0.379.
2. Next, check the rate being invoiced on the account.
- From AR/Billing tab, click on an Invoice Number hyperlink for viewing recent invoice details.
- Note the entry Energy Charges. Click on it to expand the Fixed Rate breakup and note the rate. In the sample below, the rate is 0.379.
Ideally, these rates from steps 1 and 2 should match. An adjustment line entry is added to the invoice to indicate a mismatch when these rates do not match.
In this case, the rate is correct at Aurea's end since the client's gas system reflects the correct rate in the transaction history and the rate at the utility end needs to be corrected. If not mentioned specifically by the client, reach out to the client to know the rate is correct on the account or not.
3. The rate at the utility end is corrected by updating the LDCRateCode in the Rate table for the given account.
Check the Rate Code on the account using the select queries below:
- Get the RateID from the Customer table. Replace the parameter CustNo with the given account number.
select RateID, custID from customer where CustNo='4123243';
Get the rate code from the Rate table. Replace the parameter RateID with the RateID from the query result above.
select rateCode from Rate where RateID=12345;
- Next, run the update query below using the fetched Rate Code value for the parameter LDCRateCode.
update Rate set r.LDCRateCode='ELC22'
from Rate r
join Customer c on r.RateID = c. RateID
where CustNo in ('4123243')
4. Next, send a rate change transaction to the utility using the steps in the article Triggering-a-Change-Transaction-814-C-via-CSR