You want to update the sales tax rate for certain Rate Ready accounts to zero percent (0%). These customers are currently being charged tax but are located in jurisdictions where residential customers are exempt.
Please raise a support ticket with us with the following information:
- Account No
- LDC Account No
- Effective Date, in case you are looking for a date other than the current date.
We will update the sales tax rate for the given Rate Ready accounts, trigger Tax Exempt 814_C transactions on the given accounts and inform you.
Access to the Client database
Access to the QAT tool
Admin access to the client-specific CSR site
You need to update the tax-related flags at the Premise level and trigger an 814_C Tax Exempt transaction for the given account(s) to fulfill the request.
Updating flag at the Premise level
1. If it is not explicitly mentioned by the client if the given account(s) is rate ready or not, run the following select query to know the Billing Type for the account.
Replace the parameter premNo with the given UAN/LDC Account Number.
In the query result, if the description column has the value "Rate Ready", then the account is a rate-ready account.
If you find that the account is non-rate-ready (the description column has a value other than "Rate Ready"), then there is no need to trigger an 814_C Tax Exempt transaction for that account. You can only update the flag at the premise level for such an account. Typically, a client will share rate-ready accounts for such a request.
select c.custid, bt.description, p.premNo
from customer c
join premise p on p.custid = c.custid
join customeradditionalinfo cai on cai.custid = c.custid
join billingtype bt on bt.billingtypeid = cai.billingtypeid
2. Log in to the CSR site and search with the LDC Account Number.
In the resultant information, navigate to the Utility Accounts tab and click on the 'Edit Utility Account' option (pencil icon).
In the pop-up screen, under section Tax, for Tax Exemption, select the radio button 'Tax Exempt'. For Tax Assessment, uncheck the checkbox for State.
Click on Save.
Triggering Tax Exempt 814_C transaction
1. Run the following select query to get the PremID for the given accounts.
Replace the parameter premNo with the given LDC Account No.
where premNo in ('8249955171', '3184928106')
2. The utility to which a given account belongs will be provided by the client.
To trigger tax-exempt transactions,
For the utilities NIMO and COMED, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the client-specific CSR site.
- Navigate to the specific URL for CreateChangeRequest. The corresponding URL for the clients would be
- Select the Client (raising the ticket) from the drop-down on the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the list of premid fetched from step 1 in a comma-separated format in the text box.
- Select system date as the Effective Date (unless specified by the client)
- Select Changed Field/Change Code as Tax.TaxPercentage - Exemption Percentage - AMTDP
- Click on the option Send transactions.
For a utility other than NIMO and COMED, follow these steps:
- Run the QAT query ID 1257 after populating parameters PremID with the list of premid from step 1 and userID as 0000.