You request updating a given customer's Billing Information/Rate Code section from current to a specific value and sending 814_C transaction to utility.
Please raise a support ticket with us mentioning the customer account number and the specific value that should be updated for the Rate Code field in the Billing Information section for this customer on your CSR site.
We will make the change and inform you.
Access to the client-specific CSR site
- Log in to the CSR site and search for the account number.
- Once the resultant information is displayed, note the value for the field Rate Code on the Customer Info tab under section Billing Information.
A typical value for Rate Code is likely to be a combination of 3 values - product code, rate code, LDC rate code.
PGE_G_Loyalty 12_CARE [R_PGE_G_CARE_LOYALTYFIXED_BROWN_MSF_ETF_12] (FG000023)
The first term/part outside the brackets indicates the product code, the term/part in the third bracket indicates the rate code, and the term/part in the first bracket indicates the LDC rate code.
The client-provided value is expected to be of similar composition.
It needs to be checked if both the displayed rate code and LDC Rate Code (or one of these values) are different from the provided values and update accordingly:
In the cases where both the current rate code and LDC Rate Code values are different or only the rate code is different, first apply the provided rate code using the steps in the article Applying-specific-Product-or-Rate-Code-to-account.
Now, check again if the Rate Code and LDC Rate Code values for the field Rate Code have been updated to reflect the provided values. It is likely that applying the rate code will auto-update the corresponding LDC Rate Code from the backend. If yes, proceed to step 3. If not, the LDC Rate Code has to be updated manually as mentioned below in sub-step b.
If the displayed LDC Rate Code is different from the provided LDC rate code, then follow these steps Updating-the-LDC-Rate-Code-for-Spark-Customers to update the LDC Rate Code. This case of updating the LDC Rate Code typically occurs for the client Spark Energy and so the client-specific article is referenced.
Send an 814_C rate change transaction to the utility using these steps Triggering-a-Change-Transaction-814-C-via-CSR
- Check the triggered 814_C transaction details to verify if the correct LDC Rate Code has been sent to the utility.
- Log into the CSR site. Search for the customer account number.
- Under the Utility Accounts Tab, click on the "View Transaction History" icon.
- Select a date range for Date From and Date To corresponding to the date you triggered the 814_C transaction, Type as 814, and click on Search.
- In the resultant information displayed, click on the 814_C transaction or record with the Direction as 'Out'.
The details can be checked for this outgoing transaction by clicking on 'View Raw Market Transaction'.
- In the pop-up window with the transaction details, locate or search for the field ESPRateCode.
This field should have the LDC Rate Code value that you either updated or found in the field Rate Code in the Billing Information section (as per step 2). If it does not have the desired LDC Rate Code value, perform steps 2b and 3 again.